Pregnenolone & DHEA
Pregnenolone - The Mother of All Hormones!
Pregnenolone is the precursor of all major hormones which include cortisone, Progesterone, estrogen, testosterone and DHEA. Pregnenolone is amazingly well tolerated and has no known side effects.
The main benefits of Pregnenolone supplementation:
• Memory Enhancement: One of the leading benefits of Pregnenolone supplementation is the enhancement of memory, well in excess of the memory enhancing effects of other substances. In a clinical study carried out in 1995, Pregnenolone was shown to be a potent memory enhancer – up to 100x more effective than DHEA.
• Fatigue Buster: As far back as the research that was carried out in the 1940’s, Pregnenolone was shown to have fatigue busting capabilities. Energy levels are boosted because Pregnenolone protects the energy producing mitochondria in our cells from potentially damaging toxins. Low doses improve the quality of sleep and decrease intermittent wakefulness in otherwise healthy young individuals.
• Stress Reliever: Clinical studies and research carried out as far back as the 1940’s and 1950’s demonstrated that Pregnenolone reduced the stress of factory workers, with the added bonus of increased productivity. It acts to reduce the age-increasing effects of cortisol and induces a better state of relaxation.
• Anti Depressant & Mood Enhancer: Research has proven that people suffering from depression or with a history of depression have significantly lower levels of Pregnenolone in the fluid around the brain than those found in healthy people. Indeed, those people with active depression were found to have lower levels of Pregnenolone than those with a history of depression.
• Arthritis Treatment: Pregnenolone has been used since the 1940’s as an alternative to mainstream medications for the treatment of arthritis. It is almost as synonymous with treating arthritis as cod liver oil. Many arthritis sufferers find Pregnenolone particularly effective in treating the inflammation in their joints.
• Women’s Health: Pregnenolone offers post-menopausal women a natural oestrogen replacement therapy, because it can convert into progesterone & DHEA which in turn converts into oestrogens. The added advantage of Pregnenolone therapy is that there is a reduced risk of experiencing masculinising side effects such as increasing facial hair because Pregnenolone is less likely to lead to an increase in testosterone levels.
• Nerve Regeneration: Various parts of nerve cells are insulated by a membrane called the myelin sheath which acts to prevent “short circuiting” or the loss of neural transmission. Research has demonstrated that supplementation promotes myelin formation during nerve regeneration – potentially helpful to sufferers of multiple sclerosis.
Note - any people with any history of seizures should not use Pregnenolone.