Elete Water 25ml
- Buy 2 for £8.95 each and save 10%
Electrolytes - Second Only to Air in Their Importance to Our Bodies
Who Would Benefit from taking Elete?... Anyone:
• Who does not drink sufficient fluid (water) daily
• Who suffers any form of cramps
• On diuretic, beta-blocker and vasodilator medications
• Who wants to reduce the risks of Deep Vein Thrombosis
• Wanting reduce the risks of ‘gippy’ tummy.
Electrolytes are critical to the proper distribution of water, muscle contraction and expansion, transmission of nerve impulses, delivery of oxygen to body tissues, heart rate and rhythm, acid-base balance, and other important functions or conditions in the body.
They are substances that dissociate into ions (electrically charged atoms or atom groups) when they melt or are dissolved, serving to conduct electricity. The purpose of electrolyte supplements is to restore the proper ratio of total body water to total body weight and the correct proportions of the various electrolytes in body fluids negating a range of health issues. ‘Dehydration’ and loss of electrolytes typically results in gastrointestinal discomfort, loss of appetite, cramping, irritability and dizziness.
The most common conditions leading to electrolyte (and fluid) imbalance are as follows:
• Changes in diet.
• Reduced fluid intake.
• Medication side effects. Certain drugs, particularly diuretics, beta-blockers, and vasodilators increase the loss of electrolytes.
• Severe illnesses characterized by high fever, recurrent diarrhea, and / or frequent vomiting.
• Diseases affecting the kidneys. These include diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus, and syndrome of inappropriate anti-diuretic hormone secretion as well as cancer or infections of the kidneys.
• Exposure to extended periods of extremely hot weather.
• High levels of athletic activity.