- Buy 2 for £15.95 each and save 11%
The Sunshine Pill That Supports the Bones, Increases Energy and More
British oncologist, Professor Angus Dalgleish, consultant medical oncologist at St. Georges Hospital, London, revealed in May 2011, that many of his skin cancer patients have unusually low levels of vitamin D.
He now gives them supplements and says they often survive. He said "I spent a decade studying interferon for which the NHS paid £10,000 annually per patient for years with very little benefit. Vitamin D is much more likely to provide those benefits in my view".
He believes that vitamin D pills at 25p a day could eventually prove as effective as cancer treatments that cost thousands of pounds a patient. He goes on to say..."We have always known that melanoma was caused by sunburn plus fair skin and moles, plus an unknown 'Factor X'.
The speculation now is whether vitamin D has something to do with 'Factor X'. Why I am excited as a clinician is that with vitamin D we can move low level supplementation to high levels without risk."
Indeed Research published in August 2007 shows that some 600,000 cases of cancer can be prevented EACH YEAR with regular supplementation! Once, vitamin D was simply calcium's bone-building sidekick, but now research reveals most things in our body rely on its input.
We make vitamin D via sunlight on the skin, needing at least 30 minutes of sunlight (at the UK's latitude) on our body each day. It doesn't take a genius to work out that most of us are probably deficient, which might explain why we often feel 'whacked'. Around 90% of vitamin D comes from the sun so a supplement is therefore key.
A 20 year study of people between 40 and 72 showed 72% of men were deficient in vitamin D and likely to develop type 2 diabetes - for women the percentage was slightly lower.
The sunshine vitamin is credited with helping to improve many other aspects of health:
• Bone Health: An alliance of leading charities including Cancer Research UK and the British Association of Dermatologists published a statement in 2010 in support of vitamin D in protecting bone health.
• Brain Power: It has a 'spring-clean detox effect on brain cells
• Immunity: Vitamin D modulates the immune system, helping the body to fight bacteria and viruses.
• Sperm Health: The Oxford Journal of Human Reproduction reported a study of 300 men that showed sperm becoming stronger in those who had high vitamin D levels.
• Obesity: As you gain weight, levels drop: adequate vitamin D and calcium levels decrease the production of fat.
Each tablet contains 2000IU of vitamin D3 - the best form for the body to get its daily needs, although more can be taken in the case of serious disease.