- Buy 2 for £17.45 each and save 13%
Cherry Relief for Insomnia & Osteoporosis Sufferers
If you can't shake the pain and discomfort of swollen joints and are frustrated with the side effects of standard ice and NSAID’s try cherry tart cherries. In a study of twenty women ages 40 to 70 with inflammatory osteoarthritis, researchers found that drinking tart cherry juice (or taking the equivalent in pill form), twice daily for three weeks led to significant reductions in important inflammation markers.
• Cherries cut your chance of getting gout. A 2012 study published in Arthritis & Rheumatism found that patients with gout who consumed cherries over a two-day period showed a 35% lower risk of gout attacks compared to their fruit wary counterparts.
• Cherries reduce stroke risk. Researchers from the University of Michigan Health System found tart cherries provide cardiovascular benefits equal to some medications, and can improve the result even when used with prescriptions.
• Cherries battle belly fat. Researchers found that tart cherries have significant weight management benefits for animals, including reduced belly fat. In the study, rats that took whole tart cherry powder mixed into a high-fat diet didn't gain as much weight or build up as much body fat as rats that didn't receive cherries.
Helps You Get a Good Night's Sleep
The consumption of tart cherries before bed increases total sleep time and sleep quality as they are a natural source of melatonin – a hormone that regulates the body's internal sleep-wake cycles.
• Helps lower blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
• Helps lower the risk of colon cancer.
• Helps improve memory.
• Cherries combat post-workout soreness.